Friday, May 9, 2008

health

it's 7 am in the morning, feng ee just left foyer, headed to golden mile complex and then will take bus back to kl half an hour ago, for her grandma's funeral, which, suddenly reminds me of mine...i mean my grandma's.....
i wasn't close to my grandparent, honestly, other than my father's side grandpa, i seriously don't feel much pain when they passed away..
ok, that doesn't mean that i'm not concerned at all, it's probably because i didn't stay together with them, and i was never the grandchild they liked the most, yeah, probably i'm hald cold-blooded, you can say that.....
i missed both my grandmas' funeral, father's side because of STPM, mother's side because of NUS CA, both of them passed away due to diseases, as what majority of old people do. Something i realized after they passed away was really the fear to diseases, not for myself, but my parent, it was only after that, i started to pay more attention to my parent's health and, be very very anxious when any unhealthy symptoms appear on them....
i'm a life sciences student, day by day i'm exposed to more and more of mechanisms of diseases, and trust me, the more you learn about diseases, the more you feel vulnerable, and the more you feel worried for your loved ones...
talking about my grandpa, i remembered how i lost my someone i loved very much for the first time, he was the healthiest, but he was the first to leave, and i can still recalled the day he was declared dead was the day he's supposed to be discharged of the hospital, it's nothing more than just a routine body check up in the hospital...
i was still a little young to make myself understand the reasons behind that time, but when i saw the doctor just sat there and said nothing could be done that time, there's a sudden urge in me that i'd go and gave him a few punches and slaps on his face.....
he was a role model, he was the one who care the most for my well being, my studies other than my parent, i remembered him giving me rewards everytime i had good results, he was the inspiration i pursued great heights in academics.....
health conscious is something that i'm getting more concerned nowadays, your body ages faster than you can ever imagine, after you realize it some other day, it could be too late

No comments: