Monday, June 30, 2008

farewell


captured at school

the outgoing batch of 6th form comms...

with beloved teacher advisors

the outgoing and incoming presidents

the organizing chairlady of the farewell gathering

it's really more than just a nice feeling for me, it's more than that.....
it's nothing more than just a visit back to school, to my beloved teachers, more like friends now, little did i expect it to turn out to be a fruitful experience, memories recalling one indeed, and my mind is so occupied even until now....
being the comm. of year 04/05, it's really an honour for me, to be one of the few who had the opportunity to attend the farewell dinner organized exclusively for comm. of year 07/08, more than 3 years younger than us, i'll bet none of the juniors actually recognized who we are.....
i was informed about the successes of the society by the teachers and was really keen to see for myself, so when pn lau mentioned about the farewell, i didn't really think much but straightaway asked if my attendance is allowed, well it ended up i had a great night, bringing me back lots and lots of things in my mind that i once thought it's long lost.....
i seldom have the feeling of envious, being a young person, it's always a nature for me to look forward, but rarely backward, last night was one of the very few events in my life that would make me do so.....
my life has changed tremendously after 6th form, the feelings in my heart, the thinking in my mind were all replaced to survive in new environments since then, i thought the old ones were nowhere to be found anymore, i thought i'd lost the old me, but it's nothing more than just a farewell dinner that located the olds back, somewhere deep in my mind, deep in my heart.....
yes, i envy the young people at the party, i was once like one of them, and i miss being one of them, there were things other than friendship that reminded me feelings buried in my subconscious, living with a close group of friends, i know i can never go back again....
i'm never the same old me, i realize that by being so sober, despite all the feelings popped out all of a sudden in just one night, i was shocked, and yes i was unprepared, yet i remained calm and also with a clear mind, that's what, differentiate the old and the new me now.....
things will never be the same, will never go back to the old days, nonetheless, i feel sincerely grateful for the golden opportunity, it's fated somehow, i know, and i'm thankful for it, really.

No comments: