Friday, August 22, 2008

practical

It's Friday of second week, semester 5 of my years in NUS, should I blame myself for being lazy and just didn't do anything constructive so far?
Adapting into a new environment is never easy for me, despite getting myself to be mentally prepared for it, I still feel that, for a period of time, I'm going to be under great stress
Dad must be feeling very happy when I told him that, I realized the best way is just to get my hands dirty and have some hands on experience, it's also when I told him on the phone about this that I suddenly recalled how often he mentioned this since I was still small. There're just too many things I gave excuses for not doing it all the time, making Dad repeating the piece of advice a lot of time, but seriously it won't go in until i got it felt myself this time
Still there are times when I, even myself don't quite believe I'm doing UROPS. Too many nonsense were made excuses for me to avoid the reality, and I simply bypass the advantages of so many things in life because of being afraid of troubles.
I'm still being protected, I'm still treated very nicely by others in the lab, despite that, I still feel so dumbed in the lab, so what if you score strings of As in all the modules?so what if you can answer every questions of professors brilliantly?as a student, what one does everyday in lecture theatre is not really helping much if, if, sticked to the books forever
Success is probably a mixture of perseverance, patience, commitment, faith, hardwork, passion, and very importantly, luck. I'm still a baby in the arena, if I want to be in this arena.

No comments: